Are there any really good pellets available in the midwest USA...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m159267

Burning Hunk
Mar 12, 2009
East-Central MO
I haven't been burning long but all that I have found so far have been Ozark Hardwood Products (OHP), Tidy Timbers and Fiber Resources -- all available at our local farm stores. The reviews I have read on these 3 have been mixed. I have burned all 3 with OK results - Fiber Resources being my least favorite. I would like to find a highly rated pellet to compare. Would love to try some Okanagans but I don't think they are to be found in the area (St.Louis). To my knowledge HD & Lowes don't even carry pellets here. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...

I'll be watching this. OHP is all we get here in Central Illinois. I'm going to corn soon I think.

OHP is the only ones I've found here in the metro Stl. area as well....have'nt seen anything at lowes or HD either... think I'll be giving corn a try as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.