are you all ready for winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up another truck of oak last night from another place. It is a little punky about 1/2 inch under the bark but it is really dry. I think if I split it it will be ready this fall!!! When it rains it pours!!!

Not quite ready yet, I'm building a new rack for the porch so I can just stick my arm out there in the dead of winter and grab some wood....................

WoodMann, thats funny. I love having my enclosed patio right outside of my kitchen door. I can put 4 full cord on it and fill up the inside wood ring wearing nothing other than my slippers!

Wife and I team up. I get outside duty filling the canvas bag, she stacks inside. It is 2 days of wood if we really fill it up. Everytime I take the dog out I grab a piece or two as well. Just seems to burn better when brought in to warm up...

your darned right it does. I always keep the wood ring full every night. Some people look at me sideways and laugh when I tell them I dont like to put ice cold wood into a hot stove. But, hell, the hot stove has to use some of its heat to heat the cold piece up to burning temp is the way I see it!

That and I just like to be able to feed the fire in the morning...no walking out in the snow in a robe and bare feet to grab wood!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.