Are you hot or cold?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I am one of those people who is always cold and my wife is always hot. I can already see that this is going to be a huge problem with my new Harman P68. It has been getting down into the 50's here at night and I am comfortable when it is at least 70. So I have been running the stove and it is great. My wife bitches the whole time and gets mad because she does not know how to shut the stove off lol. I told her it is going to be worse in the winter because the room will have to be hotter to keep the whole house warm. Anybody else have this problem?

My wife is the exact opposite. The only time we could agree was when she was pregnant and the hormones were out of control. I'm sitting in shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of winter because she has the house at 82 degrees with our P68. Sounds like we need to model the Packers/Jets and make a trade of sorts. I kid, of course. I've discovered we can reach a happy agreement if I just keep her pregnant.

I am the hot (I wish my house was insulated as well as my body) one here. My wife is usually freezing. I can't wait until she gets a little older and starts having hot flashes... Anyway, usually she bundles up with lots of layers and/or blankets when we disagree about the temperature... It seems better for her to bundle up than for me to be a sweaty mess all day. This way we can both be comfortable.

With our new pellet stove in the TV room I imagine there will be lots of naked TV time this winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.