Are you supposed to use a rack in a Blaze King?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabin Fever

Nov 29, 2012
Our used "King" model Blaze King stove came with a small wood rack and I was wondering if that's supposed to be used? I'm asking because it's kind of hard to get the fire going with the wood 4-5 inches above the coals. Am I supposed to get the fire going with a good bed of coals and then put the little rack back in and load her up? I'm a complete novice to this so any advice would be appreciated.

I wouldnt use it, is that a coal burner also?

Any manual I've seen has said to never elevate the wood...

Don't use the rack. It is not required or desirable.

Pg 32 of the BKK manual says:

1. DO NOT USE A GRATE. BUILD THE FIRE DIRECTLY ON THE BRICK IN THE BOTTOM OF THE STOVE.

No grate. Don't know why anybody would use it. Besides, it interferes with the best thing about the stove, the big firebox capacity.

Which model is it? Does it have glass in the door?

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Jeff_t, it's a 1983 KEJ without the glass door. From what I understand it's a king model before they were called a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.