aren't fireside ultra wood pellets made by energex??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I thought it was the same pellet by the same comapny but home depot got them under that name for competition purposes

Im gonna for sure get flamed for this. Energex has for years had more than one label. It allows them to sell to neighboring outfits without the APPEARANCE of them having the same product. We were one of the first dealers in our area to carry pellets, over a decade ago now. Brought in Energex. Spent the time and money to carve out a market. Next thing we know, competition in the next town over isnt selling Energex tagged brand, but the same product, just in a different bag. That sucked.

HarryBack said:
Im gonna for sure get flamed for this. Energex has for years had more than one label. It allows them to sell to neighboring outfits without the APPEARANCE of them having the same product. We were one of the first dealers in our area to carry pellets, over a decade ago now. Brought in Energex. Spent the time and money to carve out a market. Next thing we know, competition in the next town over isnt selling Energex tagged brand, but the same product, just in a different bag. That sucked.

thats what i thought

my first stove in 1998 energex was supposed one of the top brands around and i could've swore a guy at home depot said the came from the energex plant

iceman said:
HarryBack said:

thats what i thought

my first stove in 1998 energex was supposed one of the top brands around and i could've swore a guy at home depot said the came from the energex plant

most likely, Iceman. Ive seen Energex or Energex product in the big boxes, and thats one reason why they bag them in anonymous bags (the bags usually say Energex in small letters somehwere). Many dealers will avoid the wholesalers who sell to Hoe Depot like the plague, since by supporting that wholesaler allows them to cut better deals for the big boxes. I'll go to great lengths not to buy from the same suppliers. I figure let them supply the big box, I'll support those who wont, or dont. Then, when a year or two later Hoe Depot tries to dictate pricing or terms the supplier cant possibly swallow, and they get dumped by HD, and find theyve lost over half if not 3/4 of their business, I can laugh and say some trite comment like "well, you made your bed, now lie in it" or somesuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.