ARGHHH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
Right back in the crapper again.

Stove was cleaned on Saturday afternoon and stayed on 4 after.. Stove shut down Sunday afternoon because it was too warm in the house. So yesterday 4am I go to start it, said to myself hey it's cold might as well empty the ash pan while it's off and it'll go an extra day before cleaning.

SURE.

Center ash pan was jam packed with ash. Versagrate was pulled out Saturday as was the burn pot and ALL the holes were cleaned out by hand. (really good too) The versagrate plate was jammed almost completely shut yesterday am. Emptied ash pan out and started the stove.

Yesterday afternoon I shut it down again. ONE bag through the thing. FULL ash pan...overfull...pan holds prob around 3-4 cups of ash. Versagrate plate is again jammed with hard ash.

If this keeps up I'll be offering free inferno pellets soon. I'm not playing this game again this winter. UGH.

FWIW this is about 7 bags into a fresh ton, different than what we been burning. Going to another pile later and see if it makes a difference.

Bad pellets suck, sorry to hear of your pain. We've all been there at one time or another.

I know exactly how you feel I have 35 bags of north country which is just rebaged micigans that I refuse to burn.I'm burning dragon mountain now.

michigans! UGH I been there. I DEFINITELY feel that pain. Man those things are like burning potato peels

I'd seriously look into returning/exchanging them.

Dig a big hole outside, get a burn permit, dump the trash pellets in the hole, torch it off, roast some marshmallows or put a hot dog or sausage on a stick, have a brew and enjoy.

Salty said:
Right back in the crapper again.

Stove was cleaned on Saturday afternoon and stayed on 4 after.. Stove shut down Sunday afternoon because it was too warm in the house. So yesterday 4am I go to start it, said to myself hey it's cold might as well empty the ash pan while it's off and it'll go an extra day before cleaning.

SURE.

Center ash pan was jam packed with ash. Versagrate was pulled out Saturday as was the burn pot and ALL the holes were cleaned out by hand. (really good too) The versagrate plate was jammed almost completely shut yesterday am. Emptied ash pan out and started the stove.

Yesterday afternoon I shut it down again. ONE bag through the thing. FULL ash pan...overfull...pan holds prob around 3-4 cups of ash. Versagrate plate is again jammed with hard ash.

If this keeps up I'll be offering free inferno pellets soon. I'm not playing this game again this winter. UGH.

FWIW this is about 7 bags into a fresh ton, different than what we been burning. Going to another pile later and see if it makes a difference.

Sorry to hear your still having burn issues with these. I was really hoping they cured there stuff up. If they keep this crap up they won't be around much longer. Give them a call and voice your not happy with them. See what they can do for you. We wouldn't blame you if you didn't except any more of them. Maybe they will replace with a better brand all together!

Hope thing go better the next round.

yea I can tell you next round already. BTU will love me :) It's where I'd be right now if they hadn't replaced the stuff from last season. Did pretty well on the first ton. This one went to lala land.

Got the stove cooling down right now to clean again and it's about 90% empty so I've know more tomorrow depending on how they burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.