ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
Wife turned the oil burner on she couldn't take 66 anymore

I think I'm bleeding out my eyes now ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Your pellet stove should be on full throttle. At least 70 degrees. Crank it up and turn off your heating system.

Uh Oh, Sounds like another furnace candidate! :cheese:

Keep working at it, Took me almost 9 years to figure out my stuff. Maybe a second stove??? snowy will like that one ;-)

not that this will make you feel any better, you are not alone! My wife caved in also. But no more than 68F. Our family room area is in the 70's but she won't use that space. Here we are mid January and dead of winter. Just about at the half way point, then it is all downhill.

Poor insert is firing those okies as fast as it can on 5

please please please make it get warmer tomorrow.

I think i'm bleeding out from under all my nails now

I feel your pain. I posted about this myself.

I am very disheartened...

24 minutes now and I'm already $4.00 poorer :)

I think I'll pick up another ton on Tuesday isn't that like taking two Aleve?

I just had to turn my p35i down, switched to stove temp this morning and the next thing I new it was 80"! I turned my max feed rate down to 2 from 4, it is cooling off a little. I figured with it being in the teens/ single digits the stove would need to crank.

Salty said:
Wife turned the oil burner on she couldn't take 66 anymore

I think I'm bleeding out my eyes now ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're in the NE too right? I've been sitting around all day freezing and the thermostat says 70 or above. I think the mild winter we've had and the cold snap have spoiled us.i have the whitfield advantage 2 cranked to 5 blower 5 auger and the thermostat set to 70, but I might turn it up. I don't feel as guilty as when I hear the furnace switch on. Just bought 3 bags of pellets from home depot too.

fmsm said:
I just had to turn my p35i down, switched to stove temp this morning and the next thing I new it was 80"! I turned my max feed rate down to 2 from 4, it is cooling off a little. I figured with it being in the teens/ single digits the stove would need to crank.

I know that I harp on this too much but if you are adjusting the temp and output of your Harman with the feed rate, you've got Harman operation all wrong.

fmsm said:

You either have the smallest house ever built or the most well insulated house ever built!

Ahh 5 above out and the house is 78*. Of course I've gone through about 200lbs of pellets in 3days but who cares,I've saved allot more than that over the past month.

Salty said:
24 minutes now and I'm already $4.00 poorer :)

I think I'll pick up another ton on Tuesday isn't that like taking two Aleve?

I think I almost peed my pants when I read this!!! :)

Ears just came up, did I hear second stove ??????

Oh yes, I just turned our little stove off for a while, as the house was up to 74 and its snowing outside.

Tonight will likely be a one stove night.

The More stoves the better me thinks

Snowy

Enigma869 said:
fmsm said:

You either have the smallest house ever built or the most well insulated house ever built!
It is heating about 1200 sq feet with ease

Harman Lover 007 said:
fmsm said:

I know that I harp on this too much but if you are adjusting the temp and output of your Harman with the feed rate, you've got Harman operation all wrong.

Set it back to 73 at room temp and a feed rate of 4, problem is I do not get a hot burn. Maybe the stove is just too big?

three speed stove is on high. mwps w/ no oak (soon to be remedied)
i too have the "screw it, i'll save pellets when it warms up" mentality.
but the feed gate is still closed as far as it goes.

burning maybe a little more than 1.5 bags each day the last two days
i imagine with the oak, my 925 sq. feet will be more than happy with the mwp blend.
not doing bad at all even now. i must say.

i'm lucky my g/f likes it cooler than me though. 67f in the back bedroom is about max with it being below zero.
definitely adding attic insulation there first in the spring.
as well as we are doing full vinyl siding with foam board insulation behind it come spring.

when the oak is in, i expect to kick old man winter's ass even more soundly.

still haven't used the oil burner. am pushing a little warm air into the basement through an opened register w/ a box fan on it.
basement holds steady at about 47f even with outside temps of well below zero. i have the opening restricted so not too much heat is drawn down there.

several times this week i have tried to imagine how i would be dressed if we were heating with oil.
it sure as hell wouldn't be in the current short sleeved tee shirt and sweats i am wearing now.

My CLEAN 10-cpm is humming along. It's 12 °F outside right now, but got down to 8 last night. Stove is on Hi-Lo, and set at 6-7.....house is a comfy 70 burning Lignetics green label Hard/Soft blend.

I DID turn the ThermGuard on a couple of days ago....do NOT want to mess w/ any broken pipes, so the oil monster still runs every 2 1/2 hours for 5 minutes to keep those pipes running, and it also heats the water. I'm hoping for only about 200 Gal of oil for the whole winter.

Well it's a oil subsidized 66 in the kitchen right now. It's a warm 66 though. I feel about $50 poorer overnight in the oil tank.

I think not a second stove....I think a change from the insert to a full size pellet stove is coming this year. I can feel it in my bones. Oh wait that's cold...wrong sensation :)

5* outside, but toasty in here.
I tried the first of my truly premium pellets (Somesets), and wow the stove burns at least 40* hotter than the best shoulder pellet.
I took the advice of those on this forum, and went with the larger insert, thank you...thank you very much.
I couldn't be happier the stove is loafing along on low setting of hi/low for the most part, and hi is only on setting #3.

1D

fmsm said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
fmsm said:

Set it back to 73 at room temp and a feed rate of 4, problem is I do not get a hot burn. Maybe the stove is just too big?

Lots of good info here from a fellow Forum member. Its worth the read....

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/83574/P22/#1009016

i feel your pain....

woke up this morning and the house was alittle cooler then i would
have liked but just threw a sweatshirt on and all is good..

my problem is lack of insulation which will be remedy over the coming
months, then for the heck of it i,m adding a second stove as well only because,
this pellet thing is addicting !

oldmountvernon said:
fmsm said:
Enigma869 said:
fmsm said:

It is heating about 1200 sq feet with ease

thats an issue when people dont list the size of the space their heating my bedroom is 1200 sqft if you consider the vaulted ceiling and its upstairs above the cold garage

How do you calculate a ceiling height in square footage??

Status
Not open for further replies.