Arrow 1800A Blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illyra

Dec 6, 2011
Cali
We recently installed an Arrow 1800A stove in our home and were hoping someone out there that knows more about these things can give us some information.

1) Is there a limit to how long you are supposed to run the blower fan? It does not seem to put out a lot of heat without it on, but I don't want to burn out the fan prematurely either.

2) The drafting doesn't seem to be great on this stove, we even took out the interior baffle over the stovepipe, but still seems to put out a lot of smoke into the house, especially when trying to catch. It burns best with the door open and the viewing screen on, but even with a pretty hot fire once you close the door it seems to suffocate the fire. The vent holes below the door are open all the way too. Any suggestions?

3) I saw other posts on here about the manual possibly being available via PDF, if anyone out there could help me out I would be very grateful!
email: [email protected]

Thanks

I think if you never run the fan it will last forever. If you don't drive your car, it too will last longer.

Probably your wood is not as dry as the stove needs.

Manual sent. Check your email.

Not familiar with your exact fan/motor but I have an OE fasco fan on my Hutch insert. It was new in '89 and I bought the house in 2002. It runs nearly constantly from Dec to April and most of the time in Oct. and Nov. Best thing to do is to dissassemble, clean, and lube every year. Both my fan blade and motor gets very dusty every season. I moved here and didn't bother with it at first, after the 3rd year it would turn on and off by itself seemingly for no reason. Turns out it was packed with dust and the thermal cut out was shutting it down. I got it cleaned out and keep it clean and no problems since.

Keeping it clean and lubed will make it as quiet as possible with it running as dust causes imbalance and noise.

I often think I should by a new replacement and install it, and use the original for a back-up but I just can't justify it based on how reliable the original is with proper care.

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.