Arrow Heatilator I22 LEFT replacement fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feistey41_00

Aug 4, 2008
Missouri
All,

I have an Arrow Heatilator I22 wood burning insert. It is about 16 years old. The left fan started making a bunch of noise (squealing). I have been trying for six months to find a replacement. Heatilator has been purchased a couple of times and is now owned by quadrafire. They no longer make this fan--they tell me it is obsolete. I still have a right hand fan, but all my electrical controls are on the left side--the side where the fan is out. I tried burning it last year with only one fan, but the left side got hot enough, some of my electrical parts started to melt. An electrician friend of mine strongly recommended I not do this anymore due to the fire hazard it may cause of the wire insulation starts melting.

Any thoughts on finding a replacement fan? Any ideas on how I might make it stop squealing? I assume the motor bearings are going out, but am not for sure.

All thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

John

Sounds like the bearings are running dry. You might be able to oil it. If there are not oil ports, it may take drilling a hole on each end of the armature bearing. If this makes no sense to you, don't do it. Take it to a motor repair shop and ask them for a replacement or rebuilt motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.