Article opinions needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure your wife is prepared for the phone calls and the opinion pieces that will come out after the articles are published.

People hold wood burning techniques that have been passed down from generations very close to their heart, telling them they are wrong often ignites much fodder.

This point has merit, especially old New England folks like my recently passed Dad. I find so much is in the delivery: Instead of telling someone they are doing something wrong, offering enough empirical information so as you lead them to the conclusion you want them to land upon - your ideas. Before he passed, my Dad was the same way, "I've been burning wood before you were even born…" I simply asked him what he would say if he heard of a way to do something, like burning wood, that took his ideas and made them even better. Hard to argue against helping someone making their own ideas even better. Funny thing is, in the end, he said that the modern EPA stoves are nothing like the old stoves he used or that I grew up with. ==c

Using reference material might also drive home a given point.
Pointing to Hearth.com, Toms site (above), John Gulland (fire won't even work unless John allows it to :p), etc. may be helpful in backing up a subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.