Article predicting the coldest winter in 5 years,going to be a big strain on wallet for oil users

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never believed anyones predictions about the weather, it truly is unpredictable.

As we say here in New England, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!"

Steve

Shortstuff said:
I have never believed anyones predictions about the weather, it truly is unpredictable.

As we say here in New England, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!"

Steve

I thought it was if you don't like the weather.....move!
The venerable Farmer Almanac is historically right 2/3 of the time...so they say. Let us hope they are wrong about this winter in New England!

In my area the weather man has trouble predicting the next days weather some times. Now if they are going by ocean temp, they could be right.

slls said:
In my area the weather man has trouble predicting the next days weather some times. Now if they are going by ocean temp, they could be right.

I PREDICT WE WILL HAVE COLD, SNOW, CLOUDS, WIND, SUN, WARM, AND SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN, AT TIMES, INTERSPERSED WITH PERIODS OF DARK AND LIGHT, AND UNSEASONABLE TEMPERATURES AT TIMES, BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT JUNE. REMEMBER, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

hossthehermit said:
slls said:

I PREDICT WE WILL HAVE COLD, SNOW, CLOUDS, WIND, SUN, WARM, AND SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN, AT TIMES, INTERSPERSED WITH PERIODS OF DARK AND LIGHT, AND UNSEASONABLE TEMPERATURES AT TIMES, BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT JUNE. REMEMBER, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

I knew it hoss, you're my weatherman. Thanks for the accurate as always forecast ;-)

Hey Hoss, I've read a couple of the posts you've made today, and I really think you're getting a sense of humor.....cool!

It will be a beautiful winter, then cease in intensity near the end of March. It will also probably, and once again, test our preparation and planning.

hossthehermit said:
slls said:

And dont forget.....any measureable storm will be from 2"-14" lol

in the west they are already predicting the first winter storm.

Check this out....two pretty different winter outlooks form the same guy on two consecutive days. This is why Accuweather is a joke...

http://www.accuweather.com/news-wea...er=0&date=2008-10-09_12:26&month=10&year=2008

In this article...a day earlier...Joe Bastardi talked about NYC being colder than normal...comparable to 2003-2004. The article also completely reverses the temp outlook given in the first link.

http://www.reuters.com/article/dome...08?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0&sp=true

Imagine if people actually took them seriously?

GVA said:
pelletfan said:
in the west they are already predicting the first winter storm.
Heard it was snowing in BeGreens neck of the woods yesterday

Snow=Not!! All we are getting at this time are horrible winds, and below average temps. The weather overall for the past 10 years or so, does seem to lean on more unpredicable wind storms, some of them quite fierce. But we ain`t never gonna get the kind of cold that you folks experience way back east. no way. Not speaking for BG, cause I live about 100 klicks due north of him.

Overall, we can`t complain, cause we still don`t get too many days during the year where it is below freezing. :vampire:

Status
Not open for further replies.