Article: What if we never run out of oil?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

semipro

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2009
SW Virginia
I always get ripped for this but we will never run out of oil. Oil is carbon and carbon makes oil. It replenishes itself. We may have to continue to find it and might not be where it is now and may not have the quantity we have it in one place but it will always be there.

It replenishes itself.

I have no doubt that there is a bit of truth in that, but I seriously doubt that it replenishes itself at the current rate of extraction.

That was a long article. I think some editing could shorten that article considerably and the writer would still be able to get his ideas across.

To answer the writer's question, nothing will happen if we don't run out of oil: People will still burn it for its energy and environmentalists will still not be happy.

The political turmoil that he mentioned will still happen regardless of the energy source. People have the odd habit of keeping themselves unhappy. When there is not a reason to be unhappy, they create one.

Dogs are so lucky in this way. If they have enough love, food and care they are satisfied. The human race could learn a lot from them.

Matt

No need to worry about oil running out ,with the new tech & more on the horizon were good for a long time. Something to pay attention to is the fresh water supply, even with the new tech we still use alot of that in the oil business. Odds are we run very low on fresh water long before we exhaust any hydrocarbon fuel source, that & clean air too.

Status
Not open for further replies.