1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Article: What if we never run out of oil?

Post in 'The Green Room' started by semipro, Apr 25, 2013.

1. semipro

semipro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Virginia

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    I always get ripped for this but we will never run out of oil. Oil is carbon and carbon makes oil. It replenishes itself. We may have to continue to find it and might not be where it is now and may not have the quantity we have it in one place but it will always be there.
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I have no doubt that there is a bit of truth in that, but I seriously doubt that it replenishes itself at the current rate of extraction.
  4. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    That was a long article. I think some editing could shorten that article considerably and the writer would still be able to get his ideas across.

To answer the writer's question, nothing will happen if we don't run out of oil: People will still burn it for its energy and environmentalists will still not be happy.

The political turmoil that he mentioned will still happen regardless of the energy source. People have the odd habit of keeping themselves unhappy. When there is not a reason to be unhappy, they create one.

Dogs are so lucky in this way. If they have enough love, food and care they are satisfied. The human race could learn a lot from them.

Matt
  5. Frozen Canuck

Frozen Canuck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North central Alberta, Canada
    No need to worry about oil running out ,with the new tech & more on the horizon were good for a long time. Something to pay attention to is the fresh water supply, even with the new tech we still use alot of that in the oil business. Odds are we run very low on fresh water long before we exhaust any hydrocarbon fuel source, that & clean air too.