Artisanal Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. That was well done. I have to be careful or I can get like that.

On the other hand, there's probably a small, well-off segment of the population that would pay for firewood washed in the tears of virgins and cured in the sun of the French Riviera.

YIKES! And I thought my OCD was BAD! Though at the price he was selling it for we could all be MILLIONARES!

Reactions: n3pro
Extraordinarily funny. I was going post this myself, but figured someone would have beat me to it.

Guy prob sleeps next to a log with a massive stiffy!!!

Is this a serious business?!?!? I bet this guy only sells his wood at Whole Foods in little bundles tied with pure persian angora fur with a nice piece of arugula for a garnish.

I nearly a sh*t myself when I saw the ginger rub. Does he sell lignum vitae rubbed with foie gras?

THAT WAS LODGEPOLE PINE!!!!!

You mean I have been doing it all wrong. Well now I guess an old dog will have to learn some new tricks.

That was a pretty good spoof on firewood fanatics. That is not us is it?.

You mean I have been doing it all wrong. Well now I guess an old dog will have to learn some new tricks.

That was a pretty good spoof on firewood fanatics. That is not us is it?.
When they said to season the wood I didn't know they meant with salt and pepper!

Reactions: Mag Craft
He's been hanging around The Wood Shed too long.

Pretty hilarious. I thought it might actually be for real especially after a few searches got results for "Smoke & Flame" firewood company. I love the hand-trimming with the scissors. Makes me wonder, those $5 - $6 little bundles they do sell at gas stations and grocery stores...what does that come out to per cord?

Reactions: n3pro and Mag Craft
Pretty hilarious. I thought it might actually be for real especially after a few searches got results for "Smoke & Flame" firewood company. I love the hand-trimming with the scissors. Makes me wonder, those $5 - $6 little bundles they do sell at gas stations and grocery stores...what does that come out to per cord?

$1 or more per split. Sheesh. One starting point, with built in assumptions: 1 cord of dry splits is 5000lbs. Each split weighs 3lbs. Each costs $1. If I did the maths right, that's $1666.67/cord.

Yikes!

Nah... 0.9 cu.ft. per bundle, so you're looking at $711 per cord, at $5 per bundle.

image.jpg

And here's one from a guy in my neighborhood....oh yeah he wants 200 for a cord.

Last edited:
Isn't all firewood local? Not legal to import it, without kiln drying it, most places.

I hope you guys realize that "This is That" is a CBC radio comedy show where they take a strange topic and appear to treat it seriously like the army trading jeeps for bicycles, opening up tropical resorts on James Bay thanks to global warming, etc. This is all comedy.

I thought it was real you never know these days

there is a local business here advertising "organic firewood" !!!!!!!! Last I checked all the trees in the woods where organic!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.