As of June 11th- Corie Hired by Englander....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!

Carrying on now.

Coaster said:
Cool. Congratulations!!!

I'm still waiting for your report on the VC Aspen, though. Is that now a conflict of interest?

No no I will get to it soon, I promise. I had anticipated installing it in my parents house, but the last time I was home, it was so darn cold we really couldn't afford to have an experimental installation.

No worries, I'll be home in a week and hopefully they'll be a cool evening when I can swap it in and see how it works out.

I'll be holding onto that stove though, unless someone offers me a good price for it, until I own a home. I plan to install it in my office or den for space heating that area.

Congrats Corie and welcome to VA. I just went looking for a woodstove. Didn't know all this stuff was gonna break loose.

Eat your hearts out Harman, Quad, VC, PE et. all. Here comes ESW!

'Grats Corie. Now you are officially the "other" pipeline to "E". Use your skills wisely and spend as much time learning from those around you. For months we have known your dream, nice to see you have found a piece of it.

Congratulations Corie!! You must be on Cloud Nine. Although I am fairly new to the site, I still feel that I know you. Your post about thanks and appreciation to members for sending you to the trade show was touching. I learned a lot about who you were in that post. It also says a lot about the members who share and care about others. For these reasons I am proud to be a part of this forum community.

Yay! Now it's official. I'm looking forward to seeing some nice things coming out of VA.

Congratulations Corie and kudos to Englander for recognizing great talent.

does that mean Corie can leverage his employment to seek better offers if there are any better posible situations? Good choice for EWS and Corie.What does the other Corie think?

Hey is EWS publicially traded? I just might be purchasing stock.

Guys, thanks for the kind words from EVERYONE!

It goes without saying that absolutely none of this is possible without all of you. This has been my dream for too long and the environment that I'm being giving to pursue that dream at Englander is unbelievable. You guys can't even imagine how good it sounds.

Well, hopefully they'll allow you to keep in touch. It would be nice if Englander occasionally allowed a little technology preview to the firebugs a H.com. There's probably even a willing test home or two nearby.

Nice going Corie. I think I know just about how good you must feel. You earned the opportunity and I'll bet you make the most of it. Good luck.

Good Job, Slick.

If you find your way to Deltaville, VA, I can offer you a flounder fishing trip on the bay, or a boat ride to "Hidden Beach", for a day of Beer drinkin'. Hell, I drink while flounder fishing!

Congratulations, Cory!

Excellent news! Now about that stove I wanted designed...

Small (think Morso 1410 size) wood or coal burner made out of soapstone with 12 hour burn times, can be direct vented through a mouse hole, outside air intake, ash pan that needs cleaning only once a week, bay window with airwash, and installs in under an hour.

Hey guys, I figure we need the offer the guy a challenge!! (As if England Stove works won't)

One downside... Now he can't tell us about all the cool stoves he's designing till their almost done.

In all seriousness Corie and Mike(from england) I do hope you continue to ask what we want in products. Oh, and I'll volunteer to help you test them! Seriously! Real world, not lab.

Corie:

Congratulations! I know you will do well! A smart choice by Englander as well.

Best of luck to you.

HI corie,

congrats on the new job. What job title do you have? Are you doing something cool like designer or are you the new bathroom cleaner :) :) ;) It seems that most know what you are professionally but I must have missed that info.

Anyway, since all of us here at h.com are 'family' can we all get the employee discount through you??????? Now that would be cool for anyone in the market for a new stove. Buy American!!!!!

Carpniels

PS. good luck and we are all looking forward to some new innovative stoves. Something like a pretty looking, cast iron, top/side and front loading stove with EBT. A mix, Isle royale, PE summit, Jotul Oslo type stove.

Englander releases the Cori 5 top loading reversiable flue collar. BB sells his slogan rights, most BTUs per buck. I swap out on of my stoves for the Cori 5

Mike job becomes so easy he now know what it was like to be the old maytag repairman. Mike gets more time to play golf. BB gets to report on the NC-13 when he swaps out his Jotul.

Englander becomes so sucessfull they open their own stores and pisses off Home Crapo. Pissed off Home Crapo drops Englander and replaces them with an inferior brand stove that nobody will buy. Englander is so sucessfull that they look north for the Canadian market share and buys out PE. Whorehouse red and BB brown become optional colors. Endlander offers an optional soapstone top and optional bolt on soapstone side pannels to cash in out that market. Englander becomes so sucesfull that they adopt the woodstock approach to expanding market share. One can order up not only trim but add on soapstone.. Cori develops the first direct vented wood stove. Corie tells Englander to purchase land near Hog to store logs. Englander now sells neuclear splits. Englander is no longer sold at Home Cheapo, so now Harry has decided to carry their lineup. Dane Harman is looking and reflecting What could and should have been, as
Harman market share dwafted byEnglander's

Corie becomes a fee agent as part of an incentive package he is offered a Toyota tundra 4/4 natually a 5sp. Dane could have had him but that used hugo did not cut it.

Woodstoves now burn bio fuel so that Wrench can now follow his dogs with a pooper scooper. The PE debate ended because Englander bought them out.

Roo supports Englander. The stainlesss steel floating fire box is replaced by a tiatium one made by englander. Hardi backer and Micor combine to make in indestructiable board above the burn tubes first brought to market by Englander This alows Englander to hold in the smoke and they cut GPH in half BI forum disolves because there is so little particulates left to argue about.

Anti Cancer died from guess what, she found out she was in the wrong 50 % Bodhi went to Australia seeking his last wave. And VT woodburner just threw another log on

Myself I a swapped to Englandes stove to ride the cutting edge of technology. Downeast still has to 20 year old axe to grind with VC But he stoppes posting because Englander in not in his gun site.
that and he now that I have switched brands he has no anunission left. Gunner and I get along fine as we both now have Englanders. Where was that place in Vt I mentioned so often? Monroe? Englander brings the first super Cat combustor to market and it atomically controled by a wireless link. which also conmtrol the first direct vent. There is a talking stove narator that tells me it is time to load.. To win female support its a woman's voice Sounds just like my wife If you miss the first narragion it also acts like my wife by repeating it and naggs the owner to feed the stove. I e-mail Corie to re-program it to nagg my wife I need another beer before reloding the stove. IT takes a lot of work to sit there and watch the fire. Things are so automated that you know you aging your self when you speek of the times of fiddiling and diddling with the woodstove. Also draft is automated. The lost in space Robot voice pipes up warning warning when the stove discovers you snuck in a wet split. BB an I are now in rocking chairs watching the flames ythe sy tove burns so claen he does not have to clean his liner his last trip up on the roof was 10 years ago.

There is a new wood processor all splits are now 4/6 pieces all swadust is collected and recycled . Into bricks. Vt Burner's last post he promisses to toss on another brick

Hilliary screwed things up so much Jeb won in a landslide. Jeb bush is still telling us to stay the course. Dick Cheney got killed in a hunting accident. GW finally retired to maine and has learned how to finally stay on his seagway. GM Ford and Chysler all combine into a company called American Motors Owned by the Chineese

elkimmeg said:
Englander releases the Cori 5 top loading reversiable flue collar. BB sells his slogan rights, most BTUs per buck. I swap out on of my stoves for the Cori 5

Mike job becomes so easy he now know what it was like to be the old maytag repairman. Mike gets more time to play golf. BB gets to report on the NC-13 when he swaps out his Jotul.

Englander becomes so sucessfull they open their own stores and pisses off Home Crapo. Pissed off Home Crapo drops Englander and replaces them with an inferior brand stove that nobody will buy. Englander is so sucessfull that they look north for the Canadian market share and buys out PE. Whorehouse red and BB brown become optional colors. Endlander offers an optional soapstone top and optional bolt on soapstone side pannels to cash in out that market. Englander becomes so sucesfull that they adopt the woodstock approach to expanding market share. One can order up not only trim but add on soapstone.. Cori develops the first direct vented wood stove. Corie tells Englander to purchase land near Hog to store logs. Englander now sells neuclear splits. Englander is no longer sold at Home Cheapo, so now Harry has decided to carry their lineup. Dane Harman is looking and reflecting What could and should have been, as
Harman market share dwafts Englander's

Corie becomes a fee agent as part of an incentive package he is offered a Toyota tundra 4/4 natually a 5sp. Dane could have had him but that used hugo did not cut it.

Woodstoves now burn bio fuel so that Wrench can now follow his dogs with a pooper scooper. The PE debate ended because Englander bought them out.

Roo supports Englander. The stainlesss steel floating fire box is replaced by a tiatium one made by englander. Hardi backer and Micor combine to make in indestructiable board above the burn tubes first brought to market by Englander This alows Englander to hold in the smoke and they cet GPH in half BI forum disolves because there is so little particulates left to argue about.

Anti Cancer died from guess what, she found out she was in the wrong 50 % Bodhi went to Australia seeking his last wave. And VT woodburner just threw another log on

LOL.... tune in next week folks for the exciting conclusion of "as the hearth turns" - written and and directed by Elk.

Inspections have gone high tech all stoves have USB 8 port where I plug in my celphome micro processor and read the codes to see if the stove registers compliant.

I would be out a job if anyone else developed the software. Mircosoft calls if job security as I now on the 75th security update this year.and inspectors are given first priority for updates.
Naturally MS charges for each update as part of its licencing agreement.

Sandor and Roo finally came to agreement. Being this is the hearth and familly like forum, each decided the final challenge was to be decides playing Darts.

Craig and Cast are still at in in the Ash Can. somethings never change

BB is working hard to top this post his creative mind is putting it all together either that he is watching re-runs of Maverick

About time to have a fun post

Jay H has finally mastered bucking those huge rounds. And finally mastered filing a chain. Though he had a lot of practice on the first 7 he filed down to nubs

Status
Not open for further replies.