Ash Bore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfisher

Apr 2, 2009
Michigan thumb
Some guy told me I was crazy to burn ash in my stove, he said the ash bore wood destroy my house.

Is your house made out of Ash?

Tell him it has the epas blessing and that you are getting a tax credit for it :)

I've been burning it for 5 years. The standing dead make great firewood. Once the tree is dead the borers are long gone.

I wish we could probagate that information, so we could get all the ash for ourselves.

kingfisher said:
Some guy told me I was crazy to burn ash in my stove, he said the ash bore wood destroy my house.

The fire in your stove will kill any eggs or grubs that are in the wood. Tell your neighbor thanks fo the warning but your extermination process is more effective than the governments "30 mile no hauling" ban in stopping the spread of the AEB.

I'll be burning mostly green ash in my first year burning wood. Cut down another ash yesterday, ash bore killed it years ago. I have 3 more HUGE ash trees to cut down this fall. Ash bore got them last year. Nice thing about cutting up these trees is having no leaves to deal with. Most the small branches have fallen off. I hate to see these beautiful giants go, but at least the ash bore makes my targets very clear in this big woods.

"Ignorance is bliss"

kingfisher said:

That's funny! lol

If this guy was right there would be a lot of us here that would be in deep trouble for sure. For example, we have about 16 - 18 cords of it all cut, stacked and split ready to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.