Ash build up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcheil

Jan 25, 2014
Penndel, PA
Hi everyone I only had my stove for about 2 yrs now and i am still learning. it's a Hampton GC60. I just read an article here about a guy not having to empty there ash bin out for a couple of weeks. I have to empty mine out about every 5 to 6 days. I shut my stove down empty the bin an shop vac out all the existing ash. Take out the agitator and the pot that holds the pellets during the fire and make sure all the holes are clean and vacuum it all out. Again I do this every 5 to 6 days. My settings are 3 for heat level, 2 for feed trim and 5 for the blower. I am using Lignetics pellets from CBM. The bag says its premium hardwood, less than 1% ash. Is there anything I am doing wrong please please let me know thank you for your time. Matt
image.jpg

I have an Englander pellet stove. I shut it down about every 4 days to remove the ash. Thoroughly clean it (vacuum etc.) every Sunday afternoon. This is my 8th season with this stove and it still runs like new. Most likely from keeping it clean. I'm not sure that I would want 2 weeks worth of ash build up in the stove. I wouldn't think that it heats as efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.