Ash Disposal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugehuggo

Dec 17, 2005
I have about two weeks now with my Avalon insert and am very impressed with heating capacity. This is even nicer that I expected. I am not sure though what the responsible thing to do with ashes is though. I know how to handle them safely from a fire standpoint, but don't know how to dispose of them. Can I simply throw them in the trash?

I suggest you go out and get yourself a galvanized metal 20 gal garbage can, place it in a safe place outside, and dump the ashes in there. When it's full you can either take the can to the dump, or dispose of the ashes around your property. For goodness sake, don't dump stove ashes into your household garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.