Ash Dragon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever used the Ash Dragon scoop? I know it is a bit pricey, but if it works well I'd be interested in it. It does get fairly good reviews on Amazon. I have a Progress Hybrid.
Or if you have any other good ideas.
Do you have the ashpan?

I've got the ash pan and I've gotta say it's amazing.

Failing that I'm good with the standard shovel and metal pail.

Too expensive. For coal sifting, a metal kitty litter scoop works just as good, if not better. I fail to see how the ash collector offers any advantages over a typical hob or ash can. Ash is messy no matter what you do.

Ash Pan = Awesome. I lasted two weeks without it when I first got the stove - removing ash by the shovelful was tedious. Promptly ordered the pan and haven't looked back since. I don't seem to need the sliding lid intended to keep ash from flying - ash seems to stay put - I only use the lid on windy days where an ember might fly back on me as I walk across the yard to the ash heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.