Ash haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ontarioguy

Jan 8, 2018
Ontario
Been lurking for awhile just thought I would post a quick pick of some ash I cut and split new years day.

Last year I ran out of seasned wood in a month it was my first year burning wood and I had no idea how much I would need I made due with dead fall and standing dead ash when I ran out. This was hit or miss some logs burned well others not so much

I decided to get a few years ahead my place has hundreds of dead and dying ash trees so I'm not gonna run out anytime soon. so far I've cut and stacked about 8 cords since july. Woodshed is 25x45 so I've got lots of storage space.

Attachments

• 20180101_153936.jpg
    20180101_153936.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 306
Welcome. You wont regret being ahead on your wood. Ash is possibly my favorite firewood. It was plentiful, easy split, dries fast and burns great. I wish i had more.

Reactions: hickoryhoarder
You are on the right track! You think about using that tractor to drag logs to the barn and wait till spring when the snows gone to process? :)

Reactions: jackatc1
Good call with taking them to the barn I'm gonna get the chains ready tommorow. But I like doing the processing in the winter the only thing worse than the cold is mosquitoes
I don't like the skeeters either! I like getting it done in early spring before the blood suckers get to bad! Sure wood like to have that tractor! lol

Reactions: Marshy
I just hauled 3 dump truck loads of ash logs home yesterday from a local city. Couldn't beat it, I just show up and they loaded them for me, already limbed and cleaned up for the most part. Might get another load or two next week.

I just hauled 3 dump truck loads of ash logs home yesterday from a local city. Couldn't beat it, I just show up and they loaded them for me, already limbed and cleaned up for the most part. Might get another load or two next week.
I would be running back there till they ran out! lol

Reactions: BenTN and Marshy