Ash Hole forming??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allFIREDup

Oct 24, 2011
Central NH
the glass on a new Harman P43 gets dirty quick but only in one area. The area is slightly below the top hinge and it is gray and oblong. It always develops in this area after the glass is cleaned. Is this an indication that I have a gasket leak in this area??

Have a look at my avatar (the pic to the left of this post). Look closely at the window just to the right side of the flame...

That was my brand new P43 with less than half a bag through it.

My P-38 stays 90% clean for weeks even on a low burn but it does form (2) small oblong brown spots , one between the hinges and one near the handle.

And then there's that Ash Hole from Kenya who's now our president!

PJPellet said:
Same EXACT pattern here too!

Yep, I figure it's just due to the airflow pattern inside, totally normal.

The good thing is I haven't ever cleaned the glass, and 15 bags later, the only spot that's got a significant amount of ash is that one spot.

johnnycomelately said:
And then there's that Ash Hole from Kenya who's now our president!

Oh wow, you're birther... thought that issue died a long time ago.

A few of your comments on here have made me LOL... I hope that's what you were going for here.

allFIREDup said:
the glass on a new Harman P43 gets dirty quick but only in one area. The area is slightly below the top hinge and it is gray and oblong. It always develops in this area after the glass is cleaned. Is this an indication that I have a gasket leak in this area??

It means you don't have a leak in that area, leak means air wash.

Yep, i'm new here and still trying to figure out what's normal operation and what isn't with the stove. So i guess it's normal to develop a dirty ash hole so soon after cleaning it. This forum is great, saved me from arguing with the dealer about a leak and getting it replaced under warranty. Now back to that dang noisy combustion motor.

Now back to that dang noisy combustion motor.

Seems to be a common theme on the P series

My glass also gets dirty same areas

allFIREDup said:
So i guess it’s normal to develop a dirty ash hole so soon after cleaning it.

:lol:

Too much fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.