Ash in the stove turning blue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac Nick

Feb 5, 2010
Pittsburgh
Question for everyone, has anyone ever had small sections of ash in their stove turn a bluish green (almost like corroded copper). It seems to only happen on cold nights when I am burning black locust, I haven't noticed it with other woods. I also only notice it in the clinkers that I have in the front of the stove. I was just talking about it with the wife because she noticed it also in the ash bucket.

Thanks, Nick

Just noticed it the other night. Figured it was a mix of blue flames off the coals and yellow off unburnt woood? Been burning elm too.

It probably has something to do with the type of wood you're burning. I've been burning Juniper and my ash is mostly pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.