Ash Lip removal- Hearthstone Clydesdale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JGibbs

Jan 10, 2024
Hermitage, TN
My blower control is not functioning well and I would love to clean out the blower area. I have followed instructions to take off the ash lip to gain access to the blower area, BUT when the set screws are un-tightened, and even taken out, the ash lip does not come out. Help!

Can you move it at all? If you can, but the back part of the lip is getting stuck under the door, you can easily remove the door. I would try that. If you can't move it at all, and you're certain both screws are completely loose, maybe try hitting gently from the bottom with a small hammer (protect the material with a towel or something)