Ash Rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Never brought these down from up top ;em I think these were cut in 2008 so I hope this weekend I'll add them to some stacks.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5620.JPG
    100_5620.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_5621.JPG
    100_5621.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 185
You're falling behind. You need to quit loafing and start bringing in some wood! ;)

Reactions: zap
I hope to get one day this weekend for cutting, the ash is up top north of the area I'll be cutting some ironwood so I can haul it down then.

zap

Reactions: ScotO
Did finding them put a smile on your face or did u kick your own arse? Ha, if it was me, id be happy finding them and saying"oh yea" and the ol lady would be kicking my arse. Thats cool though. You cut so much wood, you just lost track of it. I see a downed tree in the back too. Hows the weather?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

That Ash have any Punk on it? On the ground that long here, and it would have some Rot to it ;)

GIBIR. Love your Motto..... Your the Man Zap. Keep it up!!

I just wonder why I left them then I kicked myself in the arse, the temp is sitting at 42 at the moment but I'm thinking this will be our first frost, what is the weather your way?
zap

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I just wonder why I left them then I kicked myself in the arse, the temp is sitting at 42 at the moment but I'm thinking this will be our first frost, what is the weather your way?
zap

We are at 45 at the moment, its clear and we are expected to go down to about 38. Hot in the house at the moment, may turn on a fan, but I guess thats shoulder season for ya. You were probably felling a tree during a blizzard, and they got buried.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Good fire pit wood.
You can't save it all Zap, you're doing pretty good though. MN needs some left to make compost & feed the live trees ;)

44°, 50% chance of rain here tonight.

My nieghbor just took down a big Ash.....his Wife sez they'll be burning it this winter.....I recommended they wait till next year.

Those rounds have been on the ground since 08? Let us know if its rot free... (nice shroom growth he he)

If the woods good that makes me feel better, I still have half the big ash that fell here last summer out in the woods to haul in and process. Planning to work on it over this thanksgiving break for winter 13/14, hoping the wood didn't go punky.

Those rounds have been on the ground since 08? Let us know if its rot free... (nice shroom growth he he)

If the woods good that makes me feel better, I still have half the big ash that fell here last summer out in the woods to haul in and process. Planning to work on it over this thanksgiving break for winter 13/14, hoping the wood didn't go punky.
Once I get them split the pictures will be posted.

zap

Zap, I think I have some that has been down longer than that. One is on the creek bank and for sure that is good. The other I found this summer and was some I forgot. Probably had too much for a load but not enough for another so left it thinking I'd get it later. Forgot! I've done that before.

Will it be good? My bet is yes. Ash is one that takes a long, long time to rot. Last year we found about 10 or 12 splits that I had cut a few years ago and it was in a wet spot. It had set in water part of the time but even when not in the water the ground is wet. The wood was just fine with no punk whatsoever.

frost on the windshield again this morning, good thing the sun warms up enough during the day to keep the house warm

I cut up a little Ash that was on the ground for about 3 or 4 years and it was in good shape.

Rain or shine I will check it on Sunday if not before.

zap

Looks like it will be pit wood.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6033.JPG
    100_6033.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_6034.JPG
    100_6034.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_6036.JPG
    100_6036.JPG