ash sifter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rg500930

Oct 11, 2007
northern ontario
well i made this up quickly last night(dont look at the weld to closely i was in a rush lol)i shovel all the ashes to one side then sift through it quickly and put the coals to one side.ive been spreading the ashes around the yard and hated seeing the larger chunks.

Attachments

• IMG_0004[1].jpg
    IMG_0004[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_0006[1].jpg
    IMG_0006[1].jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,139
NIce work, I'm more concerned about those matches close to the stove.

rg500930 said:
well i made this up quickly last night(dont look at the weld to closely i was in a rush lol)i shovel all the ashes to one side then sift through it quickly and put the coals to one side.ive been spreading the ashes around the yard and hated seeing the larger chunks.

Very good idea! I could use something like that myself.. I hate to waste good charcoals and your gizmo would eliminate some waste!

Ray

thank you.the matches are far enough away.PE calls for 8.5" away from the insert.mines 12".there just for show.i dont keep that sifter there.its to ugly.lol.i'll remake it since i know it works good.in the pic i shovel all the ashes to the left and pile the big chunks to the right.that pile is whats left from from 5am to 2:30pm and i was burning a couple large pieces of soft maple.(think thats what they call that type of wood)

Glad you posted that. I've done that for a long time, but was so used to it that I never thought to bring it up. Good going!

Great idea.. Looks like I have a new project on my hands.

Also.... What type of temp device is that? I'd like to build one also... :cheese:

ya i like to tinker to.i know theres other ones out there but i like to do it myself.the temp device is a temperature controller.i didnt like the way the EBT worked so i put an adjustable electronic one on.it was easy and it only cost about $15(good old ebay)

Status
Not open for further replies.