Ash vac on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen one at TSC and they wanted like $169 or something. If you do get on Chris, Please let me know how you like it?

that is the same ash vac that menards had on sale not to long ago for 49 bux. I got one of them when they had them on sale. I used it for the first time sat when I cleaned my stove for the first time had burnt 21 bags of pellets and 5 bushel of corn. the vac had plenty of power but it does not come with any attachments except the metal pipe it showes in the pics from amazon. The hose is aluminum with a plastic cover kind of short 3 feet long be nice to have extra foot or so it is plenty flexible enough. All metal can with nice latches filter has a fine metal screen that cover the fiber one. I can not see hot ash hurting any thing. I got my stove cleaned useing it I used paint brush to knock it lose and held hose close it kept the ash under control and I did not end up breathing or have soot any where and there was plenty to clean up. The hose is 1 1/2" id. I have seen attachment kit for the cheetha but I do not know they size of the hose on them. If anyone has one a cheetha I would realy like to know what the inside diameter of the hose end and the diameter of the filter cage. I was thinking one of there washble filters would be cheaper in the long run. Replcement filters for mine is like 10 bux I think.

Save your money, I used mine twice before it died. Suction was almost pitiful.

Shop Vacs may not be the best "ash pick-up" solution, but slap those high-efficiency bags and HEPA cartridge filters into one, and they do a great job as an ash vac. Shop Vacs, in my experience, provide a lot more consistent suction that other canister vacs just fail miserably to provide. Not only that, a decent 6 to 8 gallon Shop Vac is very affordable and parts/filter replacements are widely available at most hardware/department stores, as well as online at Amazon or Buy.com.

i disagree i love my Loveless Ash Vacuum (Cheetah )no need to worry about burning anything up .and mine works like a charm just as powerful as the day i bought it a few years ago.

I bought a $30.00 2.5 gal shop-vac, stuck a knee high nylon under the foam filter and the cloth filter over that and it's doing a great job so far! I checked to be sure there's no ash flying back in the house ;-)

I just bought a Stanley SL18017 for $50 at Walmart

It is a stainless steel wet/dry vac with dual filters for fine dust. I used it with just the main cartridge filter and it works fantastic!

Attachments

• sl18017.jpg
    sl18017.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 287
Status
Not open for further replies.