Ash vacuum great price just bought one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just grabbed one on sale $59.99 and the code PANTHERS worked for free shipping!

We bought one as well. I've used it on the stove a couple of times. So far I am impressed and pleased. The suction is great, the vacuum is sturdy and well made. We ordered a pellet stove cleaning kit for this specific vacuum from Home Depot online, shipped site to store. It arrived on the same day that the vacuum arrived from Mills Fleet Farm. The kit works well. The short adaptor in the pellet stove cleaning kit helps to maneuver around the firebox and reach under the lip/apron that wraps around the top of the firebox. The brush attachment that comes in the pellet stove cleaning kit is more like a standard brush attachment than the one that comes with the stove. Home Depot also carries replacement filters online for this vacuum; we ordered a replacement filter to have on hand as well. The tools fit into slots on the rolling base to which the vacuum is attached. We stashed the tools we aren't using on the pellet stove in an out of the way place and put the tools we do use in the slots on the rolling base. The hose that comes with the vacuum is relatively short (about 4', I'm guessing?) but that doesn't bother me. I've developed the habit of climbing into the pellet stove up to my waist when I'm cleaning it anyway. Home Depot carries a 10' replacement hose for this vacuum online.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerSmith-Ash-Vacuum-Deep-Cleaning-Kit-PAAC302/204648144#.UobXRFYo7IU

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerSmith-Ash-Vacuum-Filter-PAAC301/203656952#.UobXY1Yo7IU

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerSmi...placement-Hose-PAAC303/204648179#.UobXhVYo7IU

I'm really happy that we purchased this ash vacuum.

Last edited:
I'm really happy that we purchased this ash vacuum.[/quote said:

I just went to this web site http://www.fleetfarm.com. a few minutes ago and ordered the vacuum and they were in stock and at $59.99. No tax and no shipping!! The promo code panthers did not work for me, but HAWKEYES did.

The promo codes are all giving error message script..

Been eyeing this vac as it is a pain to drag in my 14HP Rigid every time I want to vacuum. Just bought this unit on sale. If you add a hunting item, the shipping is free. I threw in a Silicon Cloth for Four Bucks so I'm done for $63.00. Priceless! Thanks, all!

I unboxed and used the Powersmith vac for the first time this morning.

Honestly, I'm impressed. It had good power, was quieter than all but one of my other workshop vacs, had a few well-designed accessories and lots of nice touches...such as the Velcro wrap for the power cord. The manual was even well written....an aberration these days!

As others have said, it would be nice if the hose were a little longer, but that wasn't a big deal. And it didn't have a "normal" brush attachment (I added one that isn't used from another ShopVac of the same size) though it does have a small, Nifty pivoting brush attachment.

Do you guys still offer bonus points for using the word "Nifty"?

Reviving an old thread,
to ask if you guys are still satisfied with your "PowerSmith" vac's have they held up and still contain the dust ??

Reviving an old thread,
to ask if you guys are still satisfied with your "PowerSmith" vac's have they held up and still contain the dust ??

I am - I use it weekly and have no complaints

Don't know what filter kit you are talking about. The vac comes with a great filter in it. And replacements are ten bucks. But the vac is ready to go out of the box and the filter is washable and should last a long time if you don't screw up and suck up hot coals.

Don't know what filter kit you are talking about. The vac comes with a great filter in it. And replacements are ten bucks. But the vac is ready to go out of the box and the filter is washable and should last a long time if you don't screw up and suck up hot coals.
Ok thanks.

HD sales filters and tool kits, but I guess they are just replacements.......
I'm currently waiting to see if somebody posts a promo code on another forum I frequent, If so or not I'll place the order tonight. (My cheapness will allow me to wait till later if there is a chance to save a buck !!)

I purchased a PowerSmith a few weeks ago. I seems well made and filters ash very well. The tool are very well designed. The crevis tool with the 90 deg. swivel brush is a little gem. The suction is good, not great. The motor seems to get quite hot after just a few minutes of use. Has anyone else noticed this?

I purchased a PowerSmith a few weeks ago. I seems well made and filters ash very well. The tool are very well designed. The crevis tool with the 90 deg. swivel brush is a little gem. The suction is good, not great. The motor seems to get quite hot after just a few minutes of use. Has anyone else noticed this?
it is a 10 Amp motor........ therefore there is a potential of over 1,000 Watts.

Glad to hear your happy with it, I just ordered mine from EBAY, $88 shipped and I will have it Friday

it is a 10 Amp motor........ therefore there is a potential of over 1,000 Watts.

Glad to hear your happy with it, I just ordered mine from EBAY, $88 shipped and I will have it Friday
Could have done much better at Fleet Farm, previously mentioned in this thread. Mine was $60 shipped. Goes on sale all the time.

Could have done much better at Fleet Farm, previously mentioned in this thread. Mine was $60 shipped. Goes on sale all the time.
they are currently over $90 shipped and would take a week to get to me...........
By the time they would be on sale heating season will be over.

"(My cheapness will allow me to wait till later if there is a chance to save a buck !!)"
I was just going by your statement above....you waited this long......

"(My cheapness will allow me to wait till later if there is a chance to save a buck !!)"
I was just going by your statement above....you waited this long......
touche !!
I meant till later today, but good point.....
Than I realized I could have it by Saturday (my next cleaning) if I ordered it by noon.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
7 year old Little 2 gallon wet/dry from HD...very light. don't need anything big [size or megawatts] for pellet ash..
socks for the exhaust end ? extra...
wife not complaining about ash dust? Priceless..

Attachments

• IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I have been using one of our shop vac's......I cant buy for a minute that somebody has "no dust" with using a regular shop vac.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
That's why I upgraded to an ash vac. One sunny morning I got a good look at the exhaust stream of a shop vac in the sun coming through the picture window. It looked like smoke from a volcano blowing in the room.

That's why I upgraded to an ash vac. One sunny morning I got a good look at the exhaust stream of a shop vac in the sun coming through the picture window. It looked like smoke from a volcano blowing in the room.
Should have shown the "white sock" before I tossed it the other day.
that's where the dust goes... started getting a bit black.

I have been using one of our shop vac's......I cant buy for a minute that somebody has "no dust" with using a regular shop vac.
should have taken a picture of the " white sock" on the exhaust end before I tossed it.
that;s where the dust goes.... started to get little black...

The Power Smith ash vacuum is one of the best purchases we've made in a long time. Still loving it.

Reactions: rayttt
I bought one of these from Amazon, the price was higher but free shipping so it equaled out. Couldn't get the codes to work for Fleetfarm as stated above. I also bought the longer hose (10') based on the complaints and glad I did. Thinking they should just up the price and include the 10' hose period! Vac works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.