Ash vacuum great price just bought one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get to their store tomorrow they are going to sell pellets for $3.59 a bag!

Wishing right now I didn't live in New England - LOL

Reactions: Big E
Might be a great place to visit, but live?

Reactions: bogieb
Got notification that the ash vac has shipped - they don't waste any time!

Sears/Craftsman has an Ash Vac for 69.99 everyday price. Mother-in-law bought me one for my birthday, works great, love it. Has a lot of nice attachments too that I actually use.

Does anyone's PowerSmith get quite warm on top when running for a few minutes (and no, I didn't suck up anything hot, stove had been off for several days)? Not sure if its normal or if something is wrong with mine.

I just bought a powersmith ash vacuum at http://www.fleetfarm.com. The price was $59.99 plus $9.95 shipping. I found a coupon code free shipping type (panthers) to get free shipping.Cheapest price i found by far for what seems to be a good ash vac. I figured i would spread the good word
just bought it. Thanks for the info. 60 bucks is a great price for this vac

Wow these are like $112 on amazon right now. I ordered one for 60.

Been using just a normal shop vac, hadnt noticed anything coming back out the exhaust, but its a huge shopvac, loud, plastic, etc.

I just ordered this then I noticed this thread started on 10/2013 but the vacuum is the same price today!

You can buy a small brush in HD or Lowes meant for small shop vacs with a 1and 1/4 inch hose-might even be 1 and 1/2 but you can use a little muscle and the rubber end of the powersmith hose will shove inside rather than outside. Makes life easy cleaning the heat tubes as well as the soot on the door glass prior to cleaning it with whatever concoction you prefer. It is the only thing I use in my my Afton Bay except for the little nooks I need the small provided tool on.

Status
Not open for further replies.