Ash Vacuums

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGlock

Feeling the Heat
Aug 24, 2010
Arkansas
Folks, What is your favorite Ash Vacuum? I recently ordered a Meeco Red Devil model #400. Can't wait to try it out.

Stay Warm,

AR

I bought the Clevas ash vac..it was $80.00...works great but you have the clean the filter after 2 cleanings...I don't mind it...only takes about 5 minutes outside..the price was right...no blow-by ash when using it in the bhouse..

Keep the Vacuum reviews coming guys!! Nothing runs better than a clean stove!!! Wow, Johnnycomelately , you have a "Beautiful" Avitar!!!!! :)

Stay Warm Folks,

AR

Just a plain old shop vac with a hepa. :red: Older than dirt and still going strong. Been looking at the one TSC has. Hearth Country? I think thats what its called.

US Stove is a Cleva in disguise! FYI

AR, got any links to the Meeco Red Devil model #400? I'd like to check it out!

ARGlock said:
Keep the Vacuum reviews coming guys!! Nothing runs better than a clean stove!!! Wow, Johnnycomelately , you have a "Beautiful" Avitar!!!!! :)

Stay Warm Folks,

AR
My Avitar's nothing. Ya oughta see my arse!
Anyways....Cheetah is where its at.

j-takeman said:
Just a plain old shop vac with a hepa. :red: Older than dirt and still going strong. Been looking at the one TSC has. Hearth Country? I think thats what its called.

US Stove is a Cleva in disguise! FYI

AR, got any links to the Meeco Red Devil model #400? I'd like to check it out!

Hey J-Takeman!!! The Red Devil is the Hearth Country #400. Found here:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...00487350?cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Google-_-Heaters, Stoves + Fireplaces>Heater, Stove + Fireplace Accessories-_-23599

I should have it in a few days, I'll let you guys know how it works.

AR

j-takeman said:
cuznvin said:
johnnycomelately said:
smilejamaica said:
Cheetah Vacs really suck!
I got one and love it. :p

Isnt the Cougar a better choice since its quieter?

I almost bought a Cheetah until I turned it on at the hearth shop. No way could I stand that!

So what did you get?

j-takeman said:
cuznvin said:
johnnycomelately said:
smilejamaica said:
Cheetah Vacs really suck!
I got one and love it. :p

Isnt the Cougar a better choice since its quieter?

I almost bought a Cheetah until I turned it on at the hearth shop. No way could I stand that!
you must be getting old .. dont think its really loud at all

Cheetah for me too. The Cougar wasn't quiet enough to be worth the extra cost. Both are loud. I just use my leaf blowin', chain sawin', snow blowin' headphone hearing protection when I clean the stove.

I saw the Cougar on ebay for $200 with the 3 piece attachment and at Sears for $220 for just the vacuum..Not much more than the Cheetah.

DonD said:
Cheetah for me too. The Cougar wasn't quiet enough to be worth the extra cost. Both are loud. I just use my leaf blowin', chain sawin', snow blowin' headphone hearing protection when I clean the stove.

Huh, What'd he say? ;-)

Got to wear them dang things all day long at work. Hate um, But at least I have some hearing left. PPE is a must, Even my shop vac is loud enough to require hearing protection.

I bought a Cougar II when I bought the stove. I have been (in my past life) an ASE certified master mechanic back when GM still built Oldsmobiles. I was taught the value of well built tools. I have a roll away full of Snap-On tools...don't even want to THINK what they would be worth to replace today and when it came time to buy a vac, I did some research and decided to spend the money and get something that can live next to the stove and not look out of place. I don't find it that loud either. I got all the little tools with it as well. The small tube for cleaning the little holes and slots in the stove, the stiff brush that cleans the tubes, and the narrow metal wand that cleans under the burn pot. It's a great tool!

Chan

14 gallon shop vac with the water pump feature. Have a basement that can get a bit wet in the summer if it rains for a while. Serves dual purpose for my needs.

And since the overpriced stove vacs cant suck out warm-hot embers its just not worth it to me.

I just received the Hearth Country #400 Vac that I ordered on "cybermonday" from Mills Fleet Farm...$80 bucks shipped. :) I was surprised to find the pellet stove vacuum kit tucked inside the unit too, since it's usually a $25+ accessory. Can't wait to try it out! I know that Love-Less are supposed to be the Cadillac of Ash Vacs, but I couldn't justify the extra coin.

just picked up a cheetah today. awsome. i was using the kirby until it took a crap. i shoulda bought the cheetah as soon as i started burning pellets. i might still have a working kirby if i had.

Bought the Couger 3 years ago when I got my stove. Change the filter once a year. It was expensive but for me it was worth it.

PA_Clinker said:
I just received the Hearth Country #400 Vac that I ordered on "cybermonday" from Mills Fleet Farm...$80 bucks shipped. :) I was surprised to find the pellet stove vacuum kit tucked inside the unit too, since it's usually a $25+ accessory. Can't wait to try it out! I know that Love-Less are supposed to be the Cadillac of Ash Vacs, but I couldn't justify the extra coin.

Wow, PA_Clinker, you got one heck of a deal!!! You actually Stole that thing from what I know the dealers have to pay for it!!!

Let us know how you like it and what the pros and cons are of the unit.

Stay Warm,

AR

Billd123 said:
Couger II. Just bought it on e-bay for $200 with pellet stove attachments and an extra set of filters

Who was the vendor? I was leary that it wasnt a real deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.