Ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
This is a 40' section from a double lead ash. It came down with such force that it shot a 20' section from another ash into the tree that its hung in. It also took a cherry down. None of my other pictures came out well to see the other stuff. Its at a friends house and all the wood is mine.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 364
Spliter looks like you will be working in a jungle, I have never burned ash before (have 1 f/c stacked) I here it burns hot.

zap

It looks worse than it is. I'm standing on there back lawn. There are allot of trees around but its not to bad. The tree is hung in 2 trees so I'm not sure how that will go. The tree you see is the first, its also in a cherry about 15' away. The one you see is the Ash that was busted and also sent into the Cherry.

It doesn't look too bad but be sure to look it over really good before cutting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.