ashby p auger not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe00523

Nov 3, 2014
clay ny
I have a St. Croix Ashby P which has worked well for past 3 years. Used it two times this year and then went to turn on yesterday and auger will not feed any pellets into burn pot. Ive cleaned the entire stove and vent system and still no luck. The green auger light blinks as it normally does but still no pellets coming out. I filled the burn pot with pellets myself just to see if it would work and it did until the pellets burned and then it shut down, the auger did not add any pellets. Any ideas of what I can check or do myself before I have to pay someone to come fix it? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Perhaps the auger cutoff switch under the hopper door.

Can you see the auger motor to determine if it's actually turning?

The set screw for the auger may be loose. If the motor turns, and the auger doesn't, check the set screw.

You didn't mention any blinking lights - are there any, other than the green auger light?

Hopper door switch is, as mentioned, a suspect. Make sure a wayward pellet isn't holding the door open.

If the auger is indeed turning, you probably have a pellet bridge in the hopper.

Not much more to it than that. If you had a vacuum leak, you should get a blinking #2 light, assuming that you have a digital control.

I found my problem. Thank you all for your quick helpful responses! After checking the lid switch, auger screw and emptying all the pellets out of the hopper I saw that the auger was trying to move but appeared to be getting jammed. I then removed the auger motor and shaft assembly from the stove (which was pretty easy, only 4 screws). As I pulled the assembly from the stove a large amount of pellets and pellet dust came out with it. I wiped off the auger vacuumed all the pellets and cleaned the assembly and reinstalled. works like a charm again!! Somehow pellets and/or pellet dust must have jammed the auger. Thanks again for all the help!! This forum is a great asset to all pellet stove owners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.