Ashes to ashes....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndk1

Nov 27, 2010
NB, Canada
Hello all.
I was wondering if any owners of the Opel 2 rsf don't like the fact that every time any ashes falls out of the unit is sucked into the grid on th bottom and distributed throughout the house.
I was thinking of performing some mods (install a grid on the sides and block the intake on the bottom. I really like the unit but this the fact that it sucks in the ashes and blows them in the house is an oversight.
I should mention that I have installed an override switch for the blower so that I can turn the suction off when I load the wood.

Any ideas?

The Jotul 550 has that same issue, caused by a short ash lip. Owners of that unit have no choice but to turn the blower off at reload...

Status
Not open for further replies.