Ashford 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know there is a Blaze King thread. Kind of annoying to have to go through so many pages of side info...

This appears to be a quasi 'equal' to my Jotul F50. Anyone run one? Thoughts? My F50 has been great, but I am thinking that I want to make the step up to a cat stove (and one with that whizbang Alien technology I have heard about).

So for those who have one, pros and cons? Whats the ballpark $ they go for? They have an OAK provision at the rear like the Jotuls? Thanks

It should heat roughly equivalent but front load only and better for low burns during shoulder season. For some background information there are many Ashford 30 threads posted. The fit and finish on both brands is excellent.

I like the Jotul just fine, I just want something that has longer burn times. It seems to have roughly the same firebox size, same welded body, ashpan, etc. I wasn't against a cat when I first bought this one, I liked the top load and wintergrill (both of which I have used roughly twice).

I know the cat should give me longer burn times... I like the alien technology for evening out the heating. Do any other stove manufacturers have that similar technology on their stoves, or is BK really the only company to have adopted it to wood stoves?

BK really the only company to have adopted it to wood stoves?

BK kinda has the market on thermostatically controlled cat stoves. There is some new stuff coming around the corner (Quad comes to mind with a wall thermo for their new stove), but BK is really the heads up winner on the tech to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.