Ashford is installed!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoot-straight

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
Kennedyville, MD
OK, one more look at me moment....

My Ashford was installed today. Took longer than expected, first Ashford for dealer and installer. No real issues though. Installer did a sweep prior to install as well. Installers were as curious, then excited like me to see it in the alcove and fired off immediately. Lots of pics taken, by both them and me!

Man did it smoke. And stink. Still stinks in here. No way to disarm my smoke detectors, so I taped them off with electrical tape and closed off the house as much as possible to keep the stink localized.

I'm really curious about my wood. I don't think its perfect, but it seems ok so far. Cruising now at 1.5 or so. Blower is on low and is humming quietly. I'm about 1/3 up in the active zone. House is still a bit cool, of course 3 windows are open...

Reviews are right. Its a stunner. Given its "junk in the trunk" it excells in my install location. Just the cast parts show. I asked questions on here about BK's requirement of 2' of straight pipe with no bends. Most on here said I would be OK, as did my dealer. I have a little wiggle 10" up from the stove. We'll see how it goes!

Brett

IMG_20140119_171452_902.jpg IMG_20140119_171452_902.jpg IMG_20140119_171503_323.jpg IMG_20140119_180121_306.jpg IMG_20140119_180106_504.jpg

Very nice install, congrats and enjoy.

That's a perfect fit. It looks great. Nice job!

Congrats Shoot-straight ! ............That looks great. Happy burnin. ==c

Looks great!

I wonder if the t-stat will have any issues with the heat build up in the Alcove.

Nice looking install! Your gonna love that thing.

Looks great!

I wonder if the t-stat will have any issues with the heat build up in the Alcove.

We were concerned about that too, along with access to the stat, fan control and damper lever. All are cool to the touch and not bad to access if you pay attention. I'm getting a welding glove for the wife...

Sweet, seems to fit in there just right. I'm guessing here soon you'll be posting about how long a few pieces of wood will burn, etc. Hope it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.