ashley 1602 ver wood chuck 2900

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craigs heating

Oct 19, 2010
mn
I am going to buy a new wood furnace and I have 2400 sq building that is ins pretty good. I have been heating it with a barrel stove but need more when it is below zero.

So I think that I am down to the ashley 1602r which is on sale for 1600 or buying a wood chuck 2900 for 2700 is the woodchuck really worth 1100 more and if so explain to me what might that be.

Thanks guys I just dont want to buy the ashley cause I am cheap my biggest issue is that I want it to heat most all night so my shop does not get into the fourtys. thanks again guys.

Bump to the top.

Is there anyone here who can answer this question?

I will add that being cheap is not the best way to go when we are talking about something that gives this much fire and heat! Cheap is okay on some things but skimping on stoves and furnaces is not the best way to go for sure.

All I know is that the 2 people I know who have woodchucks like them very much and have had them for a long time.one of them moved to a different size house and ended up getting a different size unit to match the house size.sorry I can't tell you much more than that. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.