ashley 5660 pellets not burning right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two things that I have found on this unit is one the damper valve (on the OAK inside the unit) may not be fully open. Also this unit does sometimes prefer (operates better with at least 3 feet vert. venting, so adding maybe another 2 foot on the outside may do the trick.
littlewop sounds right on it's a air flow issue

was burning fine at first. Then it got worse and worse thats what makes me think its something with stove not how i have it hooked up. And i have played with intake butterfly and does not change a thing.

Last edited:
I can see how you may think that, I've seen it be not enough vertical pipe. The unit is not able to clear the exhaust fast enough to replenish the combustion air

I'm having a problem with my brand new 5660 burning out. Installed it ran fine for a few days now it keeps burning out. And when it is running has a crappy flame and puts out not much heat at all. Only thing i did from when it was running fine tell it started acting up is vacuum out the ash. help!
When you say " burning out" is it too many pellets smothering the fire or not enough pellets to sustain the fire? What heat setting(s) is it happening on? The auger timing on these stoves in the lower heat settings is not ideal by any means.

Looks like the right amount of pellets because they will keep burning once stove shuts down. For sure not to many because burn pot just has a little in bottom not like its overflowing. It does it on all heat settings.

I think I would shut it down an do a very good cleaning again, make sure you take those small 2'' plates off on both sides an clean them out too, it sure sounds like not enough air to me, but I'm no expert, I had to get help on here with mine too, hang in there cause most of these guys on here are very knowledgeable on these stoves, I'm sure someone will figure it out for you. I would check everything on it, exhaust, an your air return. i'll tell you what I was told make sure everything is sealed tight, and you have no air leaks on the stove itself. good luck, I hope you get it running right.

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.