Ashley automatic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMc

Jul 31, 2016
Tennessee
Hey,
Just got this stove yesterday to put in my garage (17x30) to keep some heat in it in the wintertime, and probably when power goes out at my house too. Not sure how old it is, but i'm going to assume from the rat skeletons that its probably been sitting a while. the temp control knob is broke, and I'm wondering where would be the best place to look for replacement parts, if there are any places anymore. I'm probably going to get it sandblasted. I didn't take a picture of the unit itself, but I did the model number and serial number. The whole stove looks like the picture. any help would be appreciated

Thanks
John

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 171
If the rest of the stove is that rusted I'd be concerned about using it anywhere. Check with the local inspecting authority about putting it in a garage. That is often against local code or there might be special installation requirements if allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.