Ashley Cabinet Style Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadon

Sep 30, 2008
Central Pa
Does anyone use an Ashley cabinet style stove? I just purchased one for my son as his wedding gift. Hallua I got one married and out of the house. Electric should go dowwwwn. We plan to install in his basement next week using a stainless steel double wall flue. Question is will it produce enough BTU's , heat to radiate to the upper two floors, 1st floor living area and 2nd sleeping area.

Attachments

• base_media.jpg
    base_media.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 580
Unless the house is pretty small, less than 1000 sq ft, I doubt it. This is not a huge heater and the basement installation is working against it, especially if the basement is uninsulated. If the stove can be installed on the first floor it would be much more effective.

The home is quit small estimate about 24x30 each floor. Two rooms on first and two bedrooms and bath on 2nd. about 1200 - 1400 sq ft. I had one of these stoves about ten years ago in my home on the first floor and it seemed to do fine there. That is why my son wanted one, childhood memories. I told him it probably would not do well but is better than nothing. His father-in-law owns 278 acres of farm land lots of wood,timbered 2 years ago and my son cut wood all summer. Another wood cutting woodburning aficionadoac. the NEXT GENERATION. Basement is well sealed and we removed the insulation from the basement ceiling/under first floor flooring. I thought at least the first floor flooring would be warm under feet. I should have said enough heat to supplement his Oil Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.