Ashley CAT question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trktrd

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2010
Arkansas
Hi all, just joined after lurking around your site for a while. Very informative. I recentley acquired an Ashley model ASH1B stove and after a bit of research figured out that it is a CAT stove. (Been using a 100+ year old cook stove for years so this is hi-tech to me). I believe I found where the missing CAT goes, A bolt in tray with holes in it at the top of the burn box. It seems I need 2 - 2x2x7" CAT's for this stove. The tray measures 15x3" So do these things just lay loose in the tray or am I missing other parts? Your input is much appreciated.

The cats are apprx 85 bucks each. Did a quick internet search and could not locate the retainer for the cats. Is it missing? Not alot of parts about for these stoves it seems!

The holder for the CAT's is there, just was curious about whether they were supposed to have air space around them. Seems the smoke, or at least some would go right past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.