Ashley fireplace insert vs Buck Stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cards66

May 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I currently have a old 27000B Buck stove and I am going to a auction today that has a Ashley Stove insert. I have no idea the model # or anything, as it is not listed on the auction flyer. Just wondering if anyone had any input on these? I didn't know if it might be more efficient then the Buck I have or not. I figure if i can get a good deal I may pick it up. Just looking for any input anyone might have with Ashley inserts.

I don't know much about either stove, except that the Buck was an inexpensive fellow and the Ashley appears to be targeted a similar market. If it's a newer unit the Ashley could be a model 4600 which is EPA approved, sells for $1600 new. No specs for 4600's firebox size, but it doesn't appear large. If it's an older unit I would pass, it doesn't seem worth the effort. I'd sooner put in a new Englander, Napoleon or Drolet of similar size.

Status
Not open for further replies.