Ashley Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klrklr

Oct 10, 2008
AR
Hello, again.

We missed out on the Russo insert a couple of weeks ago but have seen an older Ashley that *might* work. I get the feeling some of these stoves are questionable as far as quality or performance. Can someone look at this pic and tell me a little about this insert? The seller doesn't know much about it but says it's in good condition, other than needing the glass replaced in the door. This stove supposedly has dual dampers and an auto blower, and fits 27" wide 19" deep hole; fire box 22" deep x 24" wide. Used, good quality inserts seem to be somewhat hard to find. We don't plan on using one long, as we would like to sell this house next year. BUT, we would like the add'l heat source in the meantime...just don't want to buy a new insert and have to leave it behind (or hassle with removing it, etc.). Any info would be appreciated. If we were able to find a Buck or Quadra-Fire, we wouldn't have to ask for help! :)

Thx,
Karen
Arkansas

Attachments

• ashley_insert.jpg
    ashley_insert.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 172
All I can tell you is I like the way it looks.
Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.