Ashley pellet stove model AP5710

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Msousa73

Nov 6, 2016
Massachusetts
HI new here. just wondering why my stove not keeping thermostat settings and with low setting heat will rise to a point it's to warm. by 20 to 30 degrees difference .

Welcome to the forum! Looking at the manual, the stove will run at desired heat level until temp is reached then drops to heat level 1. Still produces minimal heat and does not shut down to restart later as some stoves do. Since it is shoulder season, heat requirements will be less so it will likely "idle" longer but still produces heat. Thermostat heating will be more effective once we get colder temperatures.

Welcome to the forum! Looking at the manual, the stove will run at desired heat level until temp is reached then drops to heat level 1. Still produces minimal heat and does not shut down to restart later as some stoves do. Since it is shoulder season, heat requirements will be less so it will likely "idle" longer but still produces heat. Thermostat heating will be more effective once we get colder temperatures.

HI thanks for getting back to me. I understand but it wont fallow the setting i put the thermostat in the lower setting and will heat up to 85 + degrees . I believe it's a little to hot . it won't matter if it's on auto or manual setting . I searched some other websites and they have the same problem . just won't idle low flame specialy on low setting

HI thanks for getting back to me. I understand but it wont fallow the setting i put the thermostat in the lower setting and will heat up to 85 + degrees . I believe it's a little to hot . it won't matter if it's on auto or manual setting . I searched some other websites and they have the same problem . just won't idle low flame specialy on low setting

Not sure if you got your answer, but I just saw this post. I have the bigger version of that stove that uses the same control panel (5660). The problem is that the temp sensor is located at the back of that control panel. And, for my stove, I needed to route the stove pipe right up behind that panel. So, the temp back there is always way hotter than the room temp - mine usually reads at 99 degrees. Basically, the design of that temp sensor makes the temp setting almost worthless for me and I just run it on the level setting all the time (usually level 1). Otherwise I like the stove, just a poor design for that thermostat. I have toyed with the idea of cutting the wires for that sensor and using some additional wire to extend it X number of feet away from the stove. I'm sure it would work fine, but I did wonder if extending the wire would mess with the temp sensor's calibration. I'm sure a warranty of some sort would be voided, too.

HI new here. just wondering why my stove not keeping thermostat settings and with low setting heat will rise to a point it's to warm. by 20 to 30 degrees difference .

I have the same problem, runs hot all the time, does not seem to respond to the "1" setting and also runs only about 6 hrs on a hopper of pellets. Other web posts report similar problem. I'm starting to think it was a big mistake. I have not tried their tech support yet, will try tomorrow Friday here in CA.