Aspen Split

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Pictured is the 7 large rounds that we winch up last weekend, depending on the weather my plan is to start bringing the maple out Sunday.

One round of sugar maple made it in the pile.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1201.jpg
    100_1201.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 257
How'd that maple get in there Zap? Don't you believe in segregation? :cheese:

Backwoods Savage said:
How'd that maple get in there Zap? Don't you believe in segregation? :cheese:

I used it for a seat when eating lunch one day near the aspen, I'll have that split in the correct stack when seasoning.

zap

You guys would laugh if you saw my stacks, they are the classic melting pot. Everything that grows in the area is in there. Even makes the SUNY ESF kids scratch their heads. The only segregation that happens is when I am filling the bucket to take in the house and find splits that are much heavier than average. They get set aside for a special occasion.

SolarAndWood said:
You guys would laugh if you saw my stacks, they are the classic melting pot. Everything that grows in the area is in there. Even makes the SUNY ESF kids scratch their heads. The only segregation that happens is when I am filling the bucket to take in the house and find splits that are much heavier than average. They get set aside for a special occasion.

I would laugh more at folks that have segregated their wood . . . all my wood (with the exception of kindling) gets stacked together . . . there's no segregation of species . . . if I come across wood in the Fall that would be more suitable for burning in the dead of winter because of its type or size I just toss it to the side . . . and the reverse holds true if I find some "junk" wood that would be better for burning in the Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.