Asplundh ----- I love you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJP1234

Burning Hunk
Mar 19, 2015
Greensboro, MD
My FIL called me on Tuesday to tell me about a backroad that the sides were just covered in bucked logs from Asplundh, and to get it quick because there was already other scroungers there loading up and the crew was still there working...

I have been making trips with the trailer non stop since then... just got back again... The early people were taking all the cookies that were up against the guardrail. There is a slight 10' incline up onto the actual right of way, no one but me has been up there... yes the easy stuff was taken that was on the actual road, but if you walk up that slight hill, probably 200-300 cords worth up there, and it's all maple and red oak...

Hello 17/18 and probably 18/19... Now it's just split and stack... then I can relax for a year or so from the scrounging.

probably 200-300 cords worth up there, and it's all maple and red oak...
I can almost see it in my mind's eye, but not quite; A couple pics would help. ==c

Reactions: Soundchasm
Yeah those guys sent me home with 5 loads a of Ash,Maple,and some Hackberry.

Sometimes they deliver. They were taking down a maple a few houses down the road in February 2014 and dropped a truck full of maple next to my driveway.
They do a lot of work around here and for those who pay attention, it can pay off. I remember collecting their leftovers on the side of the road as a kid with my dad. Get as much as you can haul and enjoy the heat.

Attachments

• 14434201.JPG
    14434201.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 138
Why do they buck it so small, tree companies around here leave full logs sitting, too heavy to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.