At it for next year......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Count for today was 2 large birch and two oaks (one large and one smaller). The larger oak was standing dead, and has some punk at the edges, but nothing that cannot be split off the rounds.

Already developing quite a pile in the back yard and have been hinting to the old lady that a Fiskars might be a good present for Christmas. If not, the old Job Lot maul will still do the job.

It's adding up quick.
I think you earned a fiskars. (If my vote counts :) )
Good BTU wood :)
Good job!

Remkel said:
Count for today was 2 large birch and two oaks (one large and one smaller). The larger oak was standing dead, and has some punk at the edges, but nothing that cannot be split off the rounds.

Already developing quite a pile in the back yard and have been hinting to the old lady that a Fiskars might be a good present for Christmas. If not, the old Job Lot maul will still do the job.

Nice work Remkel, please tell Santa you have another online vote for the Fiskars.

Zap

Keep at it Remkel and you'll do fine. Good luck on the Christmas present.

Well, been posting photos of the Fiskars around the house, on the dasboard of her car, above the bed, in the bathroom, and most importantly, above the stove (cooking one, not the wood one). Think I have everything covered.

The wood will be slow to accummulate this year. Also considering dropping four pines on the side of the house that would get a better southern exposure during the year to hopefully dry things better. Don't usually burn pine up here, but it may get stacked to use during the shoulder season next year. What the heck- don't need huge BTUs during the shoulder season.

Approximately one cord on hand at the moment with some more in the works. I have a neighbor that is looking to clear his land a bit- mostly oak- but that would have to be for another year.

I am printing all of your messages and will strategically place those also.

My Fiskars saved my back today. Cut up some huge Black Locust logs and there was no way I could have loaded the rounds in the truck without splitting them a few times. Fiskars had no problem blasting through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.