1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

At it for next year......

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by remkel, Dec 10, 2011.

1. remkel

remkel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southwest NH
    Count for today was 2 large birch and two oaks (one large and one smaller). The larger oak was standing dead, and has some punk at the edges, but nothing that cannot be split off the rounds.

Already developing quite a pile in the back yard and have been hinting to the old lady that a Fiskars might be a good present for Christmas. If not, the old Job Lot maul will still do the job.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    It's adding up quick.
    I think you earned a fiskars. (If my vote counts :) )
    Good BTU wood :)
    Good job!
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Nice work Remkel, please tell Santa you have another online vote for the Fiskars.

Zap
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Keep at it Remkel and you'll do fine. Good luck on the Christmas present.
  5. remkel

remkel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southwest NH
    Well, been posting photos of the Fiskars around the house, on the dasboard of her car, above the bed, in the bathroom, and most importantly, above the stove (cooking one, not the wood one). Think I have everything covered.

The wood will be slow to accummulate this year. Also considering dropping four pines on the side of the house that would get a better southern exposure during the year to hopefully dry things better. Don't usually burn pine up here, but it may get stacked to use during the shoulder season next year. What the heck- don't need huge BTUs during the shoulder season.

Approximately one cord on hand at the moment with some more in the works. I have a neighbor that is looking to clear his land a bit- mostly oak- but that would have to be for another year.

I am printing all of your messages and will strategically place those also.
  6. albertj03

albertj03 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    My Fiskars saved my back today. Cut up some huge Black Locust logs and there was no way I could have loaded the rounds in the truck without splitting them a few times. Fiskars had no problem blasting through them.