At last...we get some cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpig

Jan 23, 2010
Cary, NC
Finally the cold spell arrived last night in our area and the temp drops 20 degree to 25F this morning. I load my insert full with oak around 9:00pm. The E/W load blocked the primary air to the back so I need to wait almost an hour until I can choke her down completely. By 10:30pm, she has strong secondary flame, and cruised along @ 550. So I left her there and went to bed.

Woke up @ 4:30am to find out that the house still be at 70F. Stove has lots of big chunks of hot coals and still provided productive heat. I could have her run like that for another hour or two but my son will be up early for his first day back to school so I decided to load her again to keep the hours warm by 7:00am.

She'll be running 24 hours until Thursday when the warm winter is back. As a flushed insert, she may not produce a great performance compare to stand alone stoves, but so far..I'm quite happy with the fact that she can keep our 2000 sq.ft. colonial @ 70F for almost 8 hours.

- Happy Burning

Attachments

• FPX33.jpg
    FPX33.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 185
Hang on there and maybe we can send some serious cold down there. lol Enjoy the warm winter.

Nice looking fire. We have the liberty woodstove in our living room and it keeps it between 80 and 90 degrees in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.