Athens $229 Corinth $239 : UPDATE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Sign at Winterport Pellets today. All I know, gonna call tomorrow. 223-1065
And, yes I posted on price reports

Hoss,

Prices sound Ok, I bet you get more Athens than Corinth. I know you said you perfer local pellets, But have you seen any Vermont Wood Pellet Co. brand near you?

Is the price more or less from last years pricing? Just curious?????

jay

jtakeman said:
Hoss,

Prices sound Ok, I bet you get more Athens than Corinth. I know you said you perfer local pellets, But have you seen any Vermont Wood Pellet Co. brand near you?

Is the price more or less from last years pricing? Just curious?????

jay

Jay, last summer they were $259 and $269 at that place, he was just starting in. Didn't buy from him, had a better deal elsewhere on delivery. I wonder if the ones he has now have been outside all winter, or what the story is, will try to call him today

Edit; oops,sorry Jay, no, haven't seen any Vermonts. Haven't really been looking for any pellets, just saw the sign beside the road yesterday on my way by.

athens has been a better pellet than corinth this year...

summit said:
athens has been a better pellet than corinth this year...

Yep, I definitely preferred them, only problem was the 14 bags that I had to send back because of water damage.

Yep, Strong pellets are gonna be back to purchase this summer. They ended up paying a sizeable fine from OSHA but now they have it down to a T . Because of slight saturation in the market for pellets, supplies will be limited till sept-oct . Muss

Talked to the guy in Winterport today, turned him on to the site here. Anyway, he sez $30 for delivery, that's "where ya want 'em" garage, cellar, upstairs bedroom. Not outdoor stored all winter, fresh run, got last shipment a month or so ago. Think I may try him out on a ton

muss said:
Yep, Strong pellets are gonna be back to purchase this summer. They ended up paying a sizeable fine from OSHA but now they have it down to a T . Because of slight saturation in the market for pellets, supplies will be limited till sept-oct . Muss

Muss, any idea who's gonna be distributing them?? EBS again?

Status
Not open for further replies.