Athens pellets new batch $199 per ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I am thinking about buying local and giving Athens pellets another chance. I was thinking about picking up a couple tons at $199 per ton. Should I do it? My P68 pretty much will burn anything including the first crappy batch of Athens.

I can also get Corinth for $220 per ton and NEWP for $240 per ton.

I'm buying at least 6 tons, I'm assuming you're talking about the guy in Jay, he has free delivery too.

Just received my 4 tons from him last Fri.
$199/ton delivered 2010 vs $314/ton delivered 2008
Sounds like he is moving a lot of pellets!
Burned 4 bags of this new stuff back in April and was pleased with the results!

So far I have heard 2 for the pleased reports and 0 on the Nay side. Looking good so far! :)

My local is out of stock right now. He has some due in late August early September. Can't wait to try them!

cat900 said:
How far from Jay will they deliver?I live in Ellsworth.

He's been running an ad in the local paper that says free state wide delivery.

what is his number or website, I might test out "statewide".... I live on the border with Rochester, NH.

Are these the "Maine Woods" brand?

They are available near me for $229 so you guys have a good deal.

bought 4 ton in june, buying another ton soon and will be set for winter. i burn them in my P38 and have never had a problem with them. burned corinth pellets last year they were a gift ...liked them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.