1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Atlantic Canada - Any Pellet Deals?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by fedtime, Jul 27, 2013.

1. fedtime

fedtime Member

Loc:
    Down East Canada
    Anyone know of any deals?

Alternatively, anyone local to Halifax/Dartmouth/Bedford interested in buying 2-4 pallets at one time?

I have a local dealer who will order a load of Eastern Embers, unload at his shop and sell to us for a great price - but we have to buy the whole load (24 pallets, I think he said).

PM me if interested.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rbchimp

rbchimp Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    DEAL ALERT!!

Just happened to be at the newly renovated Walmart SuperCenter in Bayers Lake, Halifax, NS. They have Trebios instock for $3.96/bag, on sale from $4.97/bag. Managers Special!
    They have a pallet at the front of the store, and more at the back left corner of the store (if you go in, take a left and keep going to the back). They also seemed to have at least 15+ pallets of them out in the garden center, visible from the parking lot.

Trebios are 40lb bags, and they seem decent to me. Some bags seem old, as the label is faded, and a bit dusty.
  3. Heat Slinger

Heat Slinger New Member

Loc:
    NB, Canada
    I picked up 20 bags of Trebios at Walmart in Saint John, NB for $4.96 about a week ago...I wonder if the Manager's special price is only at that store or at all Walmarts? Just priced Eastern Embers at Home Hardware - $6.49/bag. Yikes!

This will be my first year burning pellets, so I'm going to try a few different brands.
  4. rbchimp

rbchimp Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    It seemed like it was only this location. I didn't see (or notice) pellets anywhere else, except Cole Harbour had a few for regular price. $4.9x/bag

Home Depot had Eastern Embers for $5.49/bag in Dartmouth Crossing.
  5. Heat Slinger

Heat Slinger New Member

Loc:
    NB, Canada
    Picked up 45 bags of the Eastern Embers at HD...just saw that Kent has Comfy Cozy's on for $4.49 starting tomorrow. I'll probably pick up about 50 bags of them. That'll put my stash at 150 bags, not sure if that'll be enough or not, it's my first winter with the stove.
  6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    Better to have more than not enough, I would double your stash(300). Only if you have room and hoping for extras left over for next season;)