ATTENTION ALL: Pellet Snobs, Pellet Pig Rejects, Pellet Pluggers or Scroungers and such.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clincker

Feb 10, 2009
Northern MN
The prior post got sidetracked and ran out of pellets. Just refilling the hopper so something new can occur. First, a summary of what has transpired. It burns down to this. If your not a pellet pig your one of us - what ever that is. Here are some of our interests.

Cheap pellets.
Old Ski-Doo snowmobiles.
Pellet stoves that need attention.
Chickens, venison, squirrels, and rabbits and MOOSE meat.
Subarus with side pipes.
Fixing your own stove.
Sideways redneck hobbies.
NightTrain, Mad Dog 20/20, or Blackberry Schnaaps.
Anything cheap , free, or on sale.

Add some more interests or PM someone with similar interests.

FYI - these are out.
Cheap beer.
Rollin your own.
Moose Cock.

Also note some signatures have turned Pellet Snob-ish.

you forgot the guns to go with the food in the freezer

Well I guess an old Sears Drift Breaker with custom fuel tank will qualify me? No?

Attachments

• 100_91272.jpg
    100_91272.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 700
One more time . . . . . The title SNOB seems inappropriate. The suggested criteria for membership is the opposite of snobbery.

Pellet slob would be a more accurate title.

Please read the below definition for snob, from Wikipedia, carefully . . .

"A snob is someone who adopts the worldview of snobbery — that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, etc. Often, the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both, and a common snobbery of the physically attractive is that beauty is paramount. . . . "

Ranger

does this qualify?

Attachments

• 176503.jpg
    176503.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 650
  • 176504.jpg
    176504.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 650
"no pane"

Nice rig, Nice flames, You reminded me of my Skoal Bandit wheel barrel out in the shed in the woods, Gonna get a pick of that on here.
Is that an old sears beast? looks like it could be an old Gilson Brothers rig.

the old ranger said:
One more time . . . . . The title SNOB seems inappropriate. The suggested criteria for membership is the opposite of snobbery.

Pellet slob would be a more accurate title.

Please read the below definition for snob, from Wikipedia, carefully . . .

"A snob is someone who adopts the worldview of snobbery — that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, etc. Often, the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both, and a common snobbery of the physically attractive is that beauty is paramount. . . . "

Ranger

I like the name, and vote to keep it, screw wickipedia with a rusty zinc coated deck screw. (Take one from the edge, no one will notice).

You know you don't have to participate?

littlesmokey said:
little_hawk_59 said:

That won't fly. Some of us use large blunt instruments.

like what a tree hard to hit a deer with a tree or bat and cars don't count

little_hawk_59 said:
littlesmokey said:
little_hawk_59 said:

That won't fly. Some of us use large blunt instruments.

like what a tree hard to hit a deer with a tree or bat and cars don't count
I beg to differ... if I hit a deer with a car head-on it's definitely going to be dead. Therefore, it counts. (Of course I may be dead too, but that wasn't the issue.) ;-P

i dont see many people take them home after that they hit it as all to often your can is no longer drivable

Let's leave my can out of this... we were talking about cars and deer. ;-P

Clincker said:
The prior post got sidetracked and ran out of pellets. Just refilling the hopper so something new can occur. First, a summary of what has transpired. It burns down to this. If your not a pellet pig your one of us - what ever that is. Here are some of our interests.

Cheap pellets.
Old Ski-Doo snowmobiles.
Pellet stoves that need attention.
Chickens, venison, squirrels, and rabbits and MOOSE meat.
Subarus with side pipes.
Fixing your own stove.
Sideways redneck hobbies.
NightTrain, Mad Dog 20/20, or Blackberry Schnaaps.
Anything cheap , free, or on sale.

Add some more interests or PM someone with similar interests.

FYI - these are out.
Cheap beer.
Rollin your own.
Moose Cock.

Also note some signatures have turned Pellet Snob-ish.
As for the last interests, 2 and 3 are taking place, Blatz and Red Cap tobacco. I got a moose stuffed with chocolates from my daughter for X-Mas and they look good.

pelletizer said:
"no pane"

Nice rig, Nice flames, Is that an old sears beast? looks like it could be an old Gilson Brothers rig.

Sears it is.

I got a feeling, a particularly warm feeling, on my feet. Throwing heat in the basement with my PDVC-25. Warms the floors nice and toasty. I'm haulin 12,11,10,9,8.... bags, 480 pounds of pellets, around in the back of my 86 Toyota, just for weight and traction in the winter. But I every 12 days its empty and I have to go buy more pellets.

Thought folls would like to see Clincker and his 1986 Toyota pellet hauler.

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    images[1].jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 387
OldScrap said:
Pellet Slob? LOL!

I'm going to welcome you to the hearth, although I suspect you have been around more than not. But tell me about our signature, especially the age of the stove and the meaning of analog, you are using?????? My control board on at least two stoves looks like it has an advanced case of warts with all the bumps and attachments. They are not vacuum tubes, but they are not printed either. Is that what you are referencing????

I guess I should add pellet geezer and reformed tweaker now a putzer of the controls.

Oh, BTW, I think we all should use something as a tool on a daily basis twice our own age....... I can look around my shop and it's hard to see anything that doesn't qualify. :red:

The controller on my Harman Invincible is built up from a bunch of op-amps and comparators. There isn't a microprocessor or anything digital about it! All timing is done via R/C (resistor/capacitor) circuits, even that used to control the fan speeds. I've been following threads on various pellet stove problems, and I am amazed at how simple this stove is compared to the newer ones. This stove has only two sensors - a thermistor on board the controller to measure stove temperature, and a thermocouple in the exhaust stream. No snap-action thermostats or any redundant safety devices at all.

So there you go: Analog control systems at their best!

OK, you got my vote. I'll nominate you as Senior Newbie in charge of the Oldies.... Only thing is, you have to change that "L" to an"N". We have rules you know???....Sort of..... well, we'd like to think so. :red:

Littlesmokey,

Re: "Snob is tooo, tooo, tooo, appropriate, BECAUSE, ti doesn’t apply. " , That works for me . . . . .

Re: "Oh, BTW, I think we all should use something as a tool on a daily basis twice our own age….... " I took a Jorgensen parallel screw wood clamp in to work to fix a bookcase shelf for a fellow worker. he looked at it for a LONG time and said, "Where did you get that tool, the Smithsonian?" The others in that area thought that was VERY FUNNY. Hey, it did the job.

Regards,

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.