Attention bow hunters...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
Our opener here in Indiana is Monday. Who's ready? Who's not? Anyone have their eye on any one deer in particular? I myself haven't gotten one shooter on the cams yet, but I only have 5 acres so I'm not too concerned. I've got plenty of does coming in, and come November, the boys come running with their noses to the ground! If he lived, I'd like to see the non-typical that busted me at 10 yards climbing a tree last year! !!! My lock ons are set, bow is dialed in, and I have Monday off!

Just about ready. Looks like it will be warm for opening week. I have not seen a decent buck since getting one on the trail cam back in early August. Good number of does and fawns but our numbers are way down from just 3 years ago. And I'm talking big time way down. Not MI is being hit with the EHD so that is going to hurt too.

My wife informs me we don't need the meat this year so it is hold off unless it is big or unique.

Just had a student hook me up with a soy/corn field to hunt, haven't set foot there yet. I have several natural ground blind set ups in the national forest across my road. Dialed in pretty good at 20 yards, my maximum with my 52 lb 60" longbow. My main quarry will be a group of 3 does and 3 yearlings ,at least untill the freezer's full. Decent 9 pt.is around,but haven't seen the albino doe I saw last year. Hope she made it, hope to get a pic.
Good luck, be safe in those treestands!

IMG_2006 (Small).JPG

Ahhh, the albino's.....I love seeing them. I took this in Illinois. They are protected there.

I think they are protected in many states. But some mistake the piebald as albino and piebalds are not protected. Wish they were.

:( I am no where near ready for deer season.:( No deer stands hung in the hunting property,none on the state owned land behind my house. I was driving to work last Monday and it hit me like a mack truck. Oh my god deer season is only like 13 days away!. Sooo I still haven't had time to get any thing done. Its like this every year for me and I always say " not next year " but year after year I'm out there the night before in the dark putting up ladder stands with my buddy. Oh well hopefully not next year.

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Status
Not open for further replies.